We have just received word from the AAU Gulf District leadership that the first three meets of the season (scheduled for Mar. 21, Mar. 28, and Apr. 4) have been cancelled do to safety concerns over the coronavirus pandemic. In light of that, the Sonics will not be having any team practices until at least April 4. In the meantime, we will be reassessing the situation and will provide further updates once new information is available to share.
Posts tagged coronavirus
Amidst all of the recent event cancellations and school closures over uncertainties surrounding the coronavirus, we have decided to suspend all Sonics practices scheduled for this weekend. We are tentatively planning to resume practices during the weeknights beginning Monday, March 23, but will confirm later next week once we’ve had time to further assess the situation. The safety of our young athletes must always come first.
Thank you for your understanding.